Thursday 5 November 2015

Background to Psalms 19

David dancer in worship.

Psalms 19 captures the exuberance of David's praise. When the ark was returned to Israel, David did not sit regally in his throne rather he went down and danced and praised God much to the chagrin of his wife Michal, where he said in 2nd Samuel 6:22 "Yes, and I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes! But those servant girls you mentioned will indeed think I am distinguished!" - NLT. 

David wrote many praises to God and he has not ceased to worship God in which ever station of his life. What is interesting is qualities of God's spoken word. Describe in words such as the law/ instructions, statues/testimony, precepts/small details of life, commands/words to obey, fear/to revere, ordinances/authoritative decisions.
What are the 9 qualities of God's word?
What are the 4 results?

As we read Psalms 19 together, meditate on something worthy of praise or God's word and post it on FB so that collectively we will have many items of praise. 

Indeed, "May the meditations of my heart and the words of my mouth be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer" - NLT



No comments:

Post a Comment